Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Testimony in the Making



Jesus is training me in a new way of life, the life of faith.  I was sitting at my desk sending out a round of support letters.  And my mind was swarming with thoughts of how am I going to be able to pay all my bills and find an apartment with an unknown income.

For someone who has always had a fixed income to budget and her Dave Ramsey envelopes to fill, this can now be difficult when you have no numbers to plug into your handy, dandy excel budget sheet. 

In the midst of all these thoughts, my phone rings (don't you love timing?!) and it's an unknown number.  Usually, I let it go to voice mail and return it when after I hear the message, but today I decided to pick it up.

"Hosanna, this is Karen.  You interviewed with us a couple of months ago and we would like to offer you a job."

What?!  A job with a FIXED income?!

Honestly, the first thought that came to my mind was 'how can I get back all the letters I sent out?'  However, soon as the thought came, the Lord quickly reminded me, 'I HAVE YOU.'

Graciously I declined the job offer and let them know I had already taken another position. 

As I hung up the phone, I sat back in my chair and was overwhelmed with emotion.  My life of faith has officially begun.

'Jesus, we are really doing this!  I am stepping out into the complete unknown, into a place that doesn't make sense to my logic wanting mind.'  And a flood of peace came over me. 

I don't understand how this is all going to work but I KNOW the ONE who does KNOW IT ALL, JESUS. 

A good friend of mine said to me, "Hosanna, when we experience moments that don't make sense at all and the only way they are going to work is if God does a miracle, these moments are all TESTIMONIES IN THE MAKING."

So true!  With that said, this is only the beginning of my testimony of God providing in radical ways for me.  I can't wait to share with you how the rest of the story unfolds :)

_________________________________

His WORD that I am clinging to...

"The Spirit helps us in our weakness.  We don't know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express.  And he who searches our hearts know the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will."  Romans 8:26-27

It is so comforting to know that the Spirit prays for ME.  I don't know what I should be praying in this moment besides the basics but He does.  Jesus is SO good to me!

"If God is for us, who can be against us?  He who did not spare his won Son, but gave him up for us all--how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?"  Romans 8:31

The enemy can so quickly put doubts in my mind causing me to question if God is really going to provide for me...but THIS verse combats that lie with the TRUTH of how God loves me.

"In ALL these things, we are more than conquerors through him who loved us."  Romans 8:37

I am MORE than a conqueror in Christ.  He already has my living situation figured out, my finances for what I need to live, all I need to do is lean on Him.  He's got me!


No comments:

Post a Comment