Tuesday, April 16, 2013

"Not by works but by HIM who calls" (Rom. 9:12)


I find myself thrust into situations/seasons, that are not familiar, where I have to step into a role that is not comfortable or known to me.  It is good but I often find myself fighting thoughts of, 'What am I doing? I don't know how to do this? I know how I've lived in the past but this new life You're calling me to is VERY unfamiliar.  Are you sure I am the one that should be doing this?'

As these thoughts come, I can't help but think about Esther.  A woman who was a commoner, living with her uncle, unknown by most people.  Next thing she knows, Esther is standing before the King, dressed in royal clothes and a crown being placed on her head.  I can only imagine the thoughts racing through her mind the first time she dressed in her royal robe. 

"Me?! I don't  know how to walk in these shoes or the proper way to stand in the court.  Everyone is going to know that I am not of noble blood.  I feel like an imposter."

As the scene begins to play out in my mind, Jesus so kindly reminded me that it was the king that chose Esther.  It wasn't because of her performance or works or efforts that he called her to be his queen.  And so is true of me.  The King of Kings chose Me, and this is where my confidence should be placed.  It wasn't because of my resume of good deeds that has gotten me to this point, but rather it's because My King chose ME for such a time as this.

As Jesus kindly reminded me of His calling on my life, He also spoke confidently that if I have called you, you then can confidently walk into any situation or season, because I have given you authority and I have clothed you with your true identity.  Do not go back to the former things but press in for what I have for you now.  For soon you will not remember the Hosanna of old, but only know yourself as royalty.

"I raised you up for this very purpose, that I might display my power in you and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth" (Romans 9:17).


2 comments:

  1. I love this " you then can confidently walk into any situation or season " ... Your heart is beautiful to me and with out a doubt before Him! Love you Hosanna.

    ReplyDelete